A new year is here, and it’s the time of the year on which we sign our annual contracts between us and ourselves. A lot of people have been truly inspired with the memories of 2011; wanting to improve for a better 2012, a better future, a brighter one? I’ve read so many resolutions all over the web, and of course, I have some of my own too! Each one of us have a different bunch of resolutions, it all differs according to experiences and expectations..But we all share the spirit, to change, to improve, to hope, and to make secret promises to ourselves.
I was browsing when I came across this list; Mohandas Gandhi’s top 10 fundamentals for changing the world, to be the change you want to see in the world..These are your basic rules, that maybe helpful for you to find your way to achieving your resolutions, maybe not all of them, but definitely some..
1. Change yourself: “You must be the change you want to see in the world.”
2. You are in control: “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.”
3. Forgive and let it go: “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.”
4. Without action you aren’t going anywhere: “An ounce of practice is worth more than tons of preaching.”
5. Take care of this moment:
6. Everyone is human: “I claim to be a simple individual liable to err like any other fellow mortal. I own, however, that I have humility enough to confess my errors and to retrace my steps.”
7. Persist: “First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win.”
8. See the good in people and help them: “I look only to the good qualities of men. Not being faultless myself, I won’t presume to probe into the faults of others.”
9. Be congruent, be authentic, be your true self: “Happiness is when what you think, what you say, and what you do are in harmony.”
10. Continue to grow and evolve: “Constant development is the law of life, and a man who always tries to maintain his dogmas in order to appear consistent drives himself into a false position.”
Whatever your resolutions are for this year and every year, keep in mind that all the change you want to see will start from within and never settle for less than that..
And always remember..
So live your life my darlings, always strive for the best, and don’t forget to be happy along the way xx